How Do I Get to the Bonne Bay Marine Station?
The Bonne Bay Marine Station is located on the west coast of the island of
Newfoundland. We are located in the community of Norris Point
surrounded by Gros Morne National Park of Canada.
Where is Newfoundland and Labrador?
Labrador (NL) is the most easterly province in Canada. It is comprised of the
island of Newfoundland and, to the north, Labrador. Labrador is part of the
mainland of Canada and borders the province of Quebec.
How to get to Norris Point?
Norris Point is a town of
c.900 people, located on the north side of Bonne Bay, in Gros Morne National
Park. Travel the Trans Canada Highway (Route 1) to Deer Lake. Travel north from
Deer Lake on the Viking Trail (Route 430) for 60 km. Watch for the Norris Point
and Parks Canada Visitor's Centre turnoff to your left. Two km past the
Visitor's Centre, turn left into Norris Point. Drive through the community until
you reach the Waterfront. Look to your right - you can't miss us!
Highway distances from the Bonne Bay Marine Station to:
- Toronto, ON - 2500 km (1500 miles)
- Halifax, NS - 800 km (480 miles)
- St. John's, NL - 700 km (420 miles) - St. John's Campus, MUN
- Port aux Basques, NL - 340 km (200 miles)
- Corner Brook, NL - 120 km (70 miles) - Grenfell Campus, MUN
- Deer Lake, NL - 60 km (35 miles)