Discovery Boat Tours
'Marine Station Family Boat Tour' — A Great Family Adventure!
In partnership with BonTours, we invite you to take an
education packed boat tour of the central part of beautiful Bonne Bay fjord. The
"MV BonTours" leaves from the ferry dock adjacent to the marine station. While
enjoying exquisite scenery, you are sure to spot bald eagles and if lucky a
whale or two. A knowledgeable marine interpreter will help you sample the deep,
cold water below you, and collect plankton, some of the smallest creatures found
inthe ocean. Then it's back to the marine station (dockside) for a closer look
at some of the larger organisms living beneath the waves.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery - "where mountains meet the sea"
- Learn how ice has shaped the landscape around us
- Learn why Bonne Bay can support such a rich diversity of marine life
- Collect and examine fragile marine plankton, and learn about marine food
- Take an interactive aquarium tour of the Bonne Bay Marine Station
- Get your hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch
- Learn the importance of marine research.
Click here for Departure Times, Prices and
For more information please call our front desk at 709-458-2874 or 709-458-2550.